Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Life Lately.

It has been a slow couple of months over in our adoption world.  Progress is being made but it is S-L-O-W and *kind of* steady.  If I'm just going to be honest, I try not to dwell on it too much. Dwelling leads to worrying... worrying leads to sadness... sadness leads to tears... and ain't nobody got time to cry in the summer!  People often say, "I don't know how you do it!  How can you be so patient??"  Well, folks, the one and only reason we are able to make it day-to-day without any major meltdowns (coming from me, of course) is by the grace of God.  He provides us with comfort and peace that we could definitely not get from anyone or anywhere else.  He led us to our adoption journey, so who are we to NOT trust Him??!!  I'm not saying it is easy, but when the days get hard, and the wait gets long, it brings so much peace to know that my Heavenly Father can see my two boys, He can meet their needs, and He cares about them.

He also provides unexpected blessings... today we found out that "I" (our littlest) is 33 inches tall and weighs 28 pounds.  We got brand-spankin' new pictures of him.  He's being well taken care of, loved on, and nurtured by one of the sweetest foster families.  Bless their hearts... they probably get to listen to this annoying car we gave him no less than 100 times a day!!!  
We may not have gotten the BIG adoption news that we had hoped for today, but God continues to give us His peace.
And, don't you worry, as soon as I can blow up social media, the blogosphere, and the world with pictures of my little ones... I will be all over it!  

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait for you to blow up the blogosphere. Your adoption journey has been nothing short of inspiring for me. God has amazing things in store for your whole family & the way you share it is just beautiful!!

    <3 Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just can't imagine your struggle. I am one of those foster moms, fighting a battle currently. I agree- trusting in God brings so much peace in these trials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops typo in my last comment! Let's try this again/
    I love your journey, your heart and your obsession with mascara!! So excited to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I started following your teaching blog (as a fellow second grade teacher) and then I began reading about your adoption journey with Joelle. Adoption has always been on my heart, and I actually used some posts in your blog to open a dialogue with my husband. I am now happy to say that I am a proud Mama to a precious little boy that we adopted in January. I wish you speed in your newest journey- I am learning that adoption never works at the speed we wish it did. Congratulations and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete