Sunday, April 12, 2015

Courts, Planes, a Boy Room, and More Luggage than a Family Should Carry

At this point I almost feel like a broken record....we have another IMPORTANT court date tomorrow morning (Monday) that could possibly put an end to a lot of the drama going on with one of our adoptions.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out our last blog post for a little more info.  And the Lemons' family is just 7 days away from leavin' on a jet plane to meet our boys!
{{Starting to get packed and ready to go!  We have boy things, lots of meds, tons of snack foods, dispersed clothes, and care packages/vitamins for over 50 kids!!}}
We've been waiting a few weeks for our court date in the appeals court, and we feel really good about where we stand.  We aren't sure how long it will take, but we're praying hard that tomorrow morning brings an end to a lot of unnecessary drama and court dates.  If everything works out, next Tuesday we'll be holding both of our boys in our arms.  And if court continues to linger, we'll be grateful for the time we get to spend with one of our boys next week, but it'll be pretty tough being half way across the world, just a few minutes from our son, and unable to even make contact with him.

So calling all folks with faith:  join us in prayer that God would move mountains in our court case tomorrow so our son can clearly see that he has a family that loves him, cares for him, and is coming to get him soon.  That's probably our biggest desire right now.  We're praying for the judge, our lawyer, the people that are doing wrong, and most of all,  our son!

We're also really excited that we may have some big news later this week to share.  We're not really at a point where we can share this yet, but I can tell you God hears our words, and He is good!  As we continue to pray for the hundreds of children who are just one piece of paper away from joining their families in the United States, we're believing that God will move in a big way to make that happen....and we know it's possible right now!

Did you know that Joelle has a few friends she lived with 3 years ago, that are still waiting to come home to their forever families?  Can you imagine the pain, frustration, and anticipation of waiting, every day, for a phone call that you can join your child and give him/her a forever family?  We are asking God to finish it all this week!

For those of you that have been on the journey with us, and have asked us and listened, even when we rambled on and on...thank you so much for your support.  We are so close, and still feel so far away.  The prayer, support, and encouragement have been such a huge blessing to our family.  And it's been such an incredible illustration of how big and good our God is to our daughter.
_________________________________________________________________________________

We will leave you with some pictures of the bedroom for our littlest boy.  I {Amy now} was very reluctant at first to get started because I'm so used to pink, frills, and all things girly!  Once I started it was hard to press the pause button, but we have been doing a little at a time over the last few months.  We finally pulled the plug and finished up today.  I must say that my favorite spots in our home are all of our kid areas.  I find great joy in picking things out for each of them, piecing it together, and making a special place for each little individual.  I've also found great solitude many evenings as I pray by their bedside asking the Lord for miracle after miracle.  He has been so faithful to care for, protect, and move mountains for all three of my children.  I can't wait for the day when we are able to all five join hands before bedtime and pray as a family.

{I made these prints using clipart from Etsy.  The chain was from Jane.com a while back}

  
{Table from First Monday in Canton, animal bins from Amazon, A-Z art and white dog from Home Goods, I and Looney Tunes art from Hobby Lobby}
{Yellow Beanbag, Robot/Rocket Art, and Shelf from Target, Robot Pillow from HomeGoods}
{Bedding from Target, Accent Pillows from Land of Nod, Dresser from First Monday in Canton}

  
{Giraffe Hanging from Hobby Lobby, Plush Deer Mount from Bass Pro}
{Nightstand is a trashcan from Lowe's :), Lamp from Amazon}

Now all we need is a chubby-cheeked little boy running around messing everything up!!!

25 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy's room! Praying for you and your son and the miracles for your other son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That room is awesome; I'm sure he'll love it! Prayers for your family and your trip to meet your boys.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the cliff hanger! I am terrible with "we have something we hope we can share soon". Ha! Sending you lots of love and prayers. God is faithful in his timing. Praying for patience while you wait. The room is amazing. When Nick and I started fostering, we did so with the intentions of adopting two little girls that were going to our church. I was all set for girls, furniture and all. Then, a few months later two boys showed up and I had no clue what I was doing lol. I loved every minute of it though. They were my two little partners in crime and totally taught me how to be a boy mom. You will love it and J is going to be a great big sister. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. His room is adorable!! I made progress on cleaning out our little bit's closet this weekend. That totally counts, right?! You are totally giving me a kick in the butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your family and all of the children waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, this journey has me on the edge of my seat. I'm praying and praying hard!!! Can't wait to see what God has planned for your family.
    Marsha
    A Differentiated Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Marsha said!!!!!
    Praying for your special family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love this! Praying for you guys. Adoption is such a beautiful picture of the Gospel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet, sweet room and love and prayers for your special gift from God! Our first son is adopted. He is all grown up now, but I still remember the first time I saw him...... amazing..... I know God has the same wonderful journey planned for you!

    Prayers,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL to your last sentence. It's true! He'll gleefully and joyously mess it all up... but so worth it. Such a precious, precious room. Praying for you during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely enchanting! You are an inspiration to me! Sending love and prayers for your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes GOD is always Great keep on praying g because he hears us & knows when and why certain things happen to us. He knows why things had to happen this way for u and your family. Like you say just wait for it. It will b big and special when you all 5 can pray & thank him for your many blessings! GOD BLESS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to hear the good news - because I can't imagine it will be anything but good news - you deserve it. This is such an amazing boy's room. I can't wait to find out the ending to this cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful bedroom to be such a wonderful welcome home! Prayers sent up for you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy for your family. Sending continued prayers up for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a relatively new to your Blog. Joining you, your family and friends in prayer. You have a beautiful family and loving home! God Bless!
    Sonia Price

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been praying all day! Excited for your family. God is good, all the time!
    Erin @Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  19. For all of us praying, please be sure to let us know as soon as you can! I love to witness His excellent favor! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your faith is an incredible witness. I've just caught up with y'all's latest adoption events reading this and the last post. I'll be praying with you for the Lord's will in the coming days. I have to tell you I love how Jared described adoption in the previous post. What a beautiful example you two are living for your children!

    ReplyDelete