Sunday, December 14, 2014

Just a *little* annoucement

We recently had our Christmas card pictures taken.  Thanks to C's The Day Photography, we now have some pictures that we all love so much!
Although the main goal of our little photo shoot was to get this shot...
That's right... TWO boys!  We may not know when these two little boys are going to join our family, but their sweet little faces have already brought so much hope and joy to our family.  

To my sons,
You are so loved already.  You have a big sister that can't wait to carry you (I don't think she realizes that you both know how to walk...maybe she should start lifting weights!), share her toys (maybe when you are here the toys will actually get played with!!), and read you stories before bed each night.  She has a lot of love to share, and promises to be the best big sister ever.  You have a Papa that is ready to wrestle, throw the ball, and do all things boy with you.  He'll be your daddy, coach, and best friend (when you are older that is!).  We pray for you often.  We pray for your safety, health, and protection.  We ask God to prepare your little hearts for the day we will meet and become a family.  We pray that He will help your little minds and hearts to know that everything is going to be okay.  Somedays we pray that God will do BIG things and allow a miracle to bring you home very soon.  And then somedays we don't know what to pray.  Waiting can be tough, so on those days we pray that we would always trust and have faith that God will bring our family together in His timing.  You see, HE did that with Joelle.  We've seen how BIG and GOOD our God is, and that helps on the tough days.

We may not have you here, but you are already a part of our hearts and family.  You have stockings hanging on our fireplace.  You have rooms that are slowly being prepared.  Your pictures sit around our house reminding us to pray for you often.  You are the central topic of many conversations because so many people care about you already.  While we eagerly await the day we have all five family members under one roof (which is kinda crazy in and of itself) we promise that we will fight for you.  We will persevere and fill out paperwork.  We will make phone calls, write emails, and light up with hope when we get updates.  We will look at your pictures and analyze every detail (I've already tried to count your teeth...I don't know why except that I'm a crazy mom).  We will imagine what it is like to hold you in our arms and cuddle you.  We will long for the days when we get to kiss all FOUR chubby cheeks!

It could be a year or more until you are here... we just don't know.  We promise that we will come for you as soon as we get the phone call.  And when we get there we will scoop you up, hug you through the tears, and try to be everything you need.  That moment...it makes all the waiting worth it.

28 comments:

  1. SO SO happy for the Lemons family! Joelle will be the BEST big sister! I prayed extra hard for those sweet boys at church today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I love this, sweet friend! I can't wait for you to be able to bring your boys HOME!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! Praying that your family is together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! So thankful the Lord is using you to love the orphans as He commands in scripture. I'm living vicariously through your adoption!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Amy! 2?! How exciting. We continue to pray for your family, such a blessing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness~happy tears...we will pray for your special day!!!☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww - TWO!! so sweet!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww.... Amy... I am soooo happy for you!!!! This is so wonderful! Your family is just beautiful and now you will only add to the beauty of it! God bless you and this incredible journey you are taking! I'm sure your new little bundles and going to be a wonderful blessing to your family!

    Big Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felicidades! Congratulations! What a wonderful gift from heaven! I'll be praying for you to all be united under one roof very soon, although I know His time is the right time. Merry Christmas from Puerto Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! How exciting! TWO boys! So happy for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy!!! This is wonderful news! Praying for your growing family! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Fantastic news! Praying for your now family of 5!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely precious! How amazing our God is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so wonderful! What an awesome and mighty God we serve!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is amazing news Amy! So happy for you and your family! Hope your prayers are answered sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful news! I'll be praying for you and your beautiful family. May you all be together soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy for your family Amy. Congratulations and prayers along the way!! xo
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have never met me but I follow your 2nd grade blog religiously. I found your personal blog and I have laughed and cried through it for months now. I often tell my co-workers and my family that you are my personal role model. I love everything about you. You are gorgeous and you are such a great teacher, wife, mother and Christian. The thing I love most is your love for the Lord while being such an amazing person. My husband is the youth minister at our church and I teach 2nd grade. I feel like we have so much in common already and I don't even know you! :) I have prayed for you so much through your adoption of sweet Joelle and now I look forward to praying for your precious boys to join one amazing family!!! :) Praying God's blessings over you guys...He is a might God and I love seeing him work through your sweet Lemons family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting!!! Praying for your patience and faith. I can't imagine the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I pray that your little boys join you soon. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this blog more than your other! I love reading about your family and your huge big bowl of love that God gave you and your husband! May He bless you all, wherever you are--when you are apart and when you are together.

    Jennifer Ayers
    Teacher's Open House

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such exciting news. Joelle will be the best big sister ever. These boys will surely be loved. Praying all goes well in the adoption process.
    good enough teacher

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merry Christmas and Congratulations! I have been away from your blog for a while, and so happy to see your announcement and how big your daughter is getting May you all continue to be blessed.

    Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! We are so excited and can't wait to meet them. Will pray that everything goes as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhhh!!! I love this!! So excited for your growing family. I have watched your family grow through social media. Where are your boys from and how old are they? Boysb are so much fun and Joelle will be a fantastic sister to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a big fan of your work and I just love to hear how AMAZING GOD is and this us just another example of his greatness...I'm so happy for your family GOD Bless and wish u many more happy moments like these.

    ReplyDelete