Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Getting Ready for Jo's Gotcha Day!

Joelle's Gotcha Day is quickly approaching!  I cannot, for the life of me, believe that it's been one year since we met Joelle.  I've said it 100 times before, and I'll probably say it 1,000 times more... it feels just like yesterday!

As seriously awful as this picture is, it's our last picture before meeting Joelle.
 Then that precious moment came... I will NEVER forget seeing Joelle for the first time.  She gave me a hug and shook Jared's hand.  It was hilarious and perfect.  

 Our first few days were definitely not all rainbows and unicorns.  Joelle was scared and in a state of shock, we were new parents.  BUT, God fit us together perfectly.  He blessed us with almost immediate bonding and gave us wisdom when dealing with our first adoption.  It didn't take long for Joelle to realize we were a family and that we were going to protect, love, and take care of her.  And, God gave us the ability to do all three!

I definitely never expected she would be such a hoot and crazy as can be, but at the same time be so caring and loving.  She definitely had our hearts LONG before we ever met her, but seeing those big brown eyes and toothless smile in person sure did seal the deal!

We intend to celebrate Joelle's Gotcha Day every year as a family... dinner, dessert, a few small gifts, and a meaningful present.  This year I made her a photo book because she LOVES looking through all of our old ones.  I can't wait for her to open it on Friday!  You should be able to click below to check out her Gotcha Day Book :)


5 comments:

  1. This was sooo sweet and fun to look at. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cried big fat tears. So happy for your family! You are blessed for sure!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful book for Joelle!! Happy Gotcha Day Lemons Family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! I have wanted to adopt since I was in high school, and I can't wait to celebrate Gotcha Days with my children.
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete