Five things you should know about Joelle:
1. She dances all.the.time- literally. So far she has danced her way through Honduras and Utah. If she sees a mirror or hears a song, you can be sure she will be shakin' that booty! It is also her official "exit" when she leaves a room.
2. To help her understand the Tooth Fairy, we used Tinkerbell as an example. So to Joelle, Tinkerbell is the Tooth Fairy :)
3. Joelle truly has childlike faith. She is pretty bold when it comes to talking about Jesus, singing worship songs, or praying in public. I really do admire this about her. Last night I actually prayed that I would be bold like my daughter... who is 3 years old. I know I could use some childlike faith that keeps me from worrying about what other people think!
4. She loves to love. Seriously, our girl would rather cuddle than play most days. She is a hugger, back-scratcher, lap-sitter, hand-holder, and all of the above. We are so thankful for that!
5. Even though Joelle came to us as a 3 year old, we are still getting a lot of "firsts" with her. Almost everything she experiences is something new, that she has never seen or done before. Many times my mommy heart aches because I didn't get to hold her as a baby, watch her walk for the first time, see her teeth grow in, hear her first words. BUT, then something happens that quickly reminds me how blessed I am to have her NOW... like the first time she played in the splash-pad. I will NEVER forget the look on her face, hearing her giggle and say "WOW!!!", or the way she danced through the streams of water :)
So, for all those days that I missed in her life... the pure joy I see on her face NOW makes up for that. This is my daughter... a little girl full of dancing, imagination, love, and so much more!