Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Court!

Well today was definitely a sweet day in our family!  We went to court for reasons that I don't really understand :) BUT I do know that now Joelle's name has officially been changed to Joelle Tenley Lemons and that we requested a birth certificate :)  She is now officially considered a US citizen, but we still have several things we need to do such as get her a passport (only because we travel so much), social security number, and some other paperwork.  It's quite the process to become a citizen, I'll tell ya that much is true!

As if you didn't already know, our little family is quite fond of taking pictures.  And, I am so thankful that Joelle will go along with it... we only had to tickle a few times to make the smile come out!

 All smiles (that was until she thought the judge was a doctor, ha!)
 After the judge finalized everything :)
 We are so thankful that both our lawyer and judge are family friends.  It's so nice to live in a tight community!






And there you have it!  We are more than thankful for our little US citizen :)

16 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Such a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have been following your family's journey and sending prayers your way. I was so delighted to hear that you were going to be able to bring Joelle home and it is just lovely to see you with that beautiful, darling girl. Just look at how happy you all are. Congratulations again Lemons Family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Tears to my eyes! What a beautiful family! So lucky! Hugs to you from CA!
    wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new header and literally laughed out load that Joelle was nervous about the judge being a doctor. Bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, the joy, smiles, and love! I pop over here every now and then just to get a nice little happy bump to my day, and this post will carry me for a while. Congratulations! (and thank you for sharing!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! God bless your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, no more doctors!! haha Congratulations to the three of you!!! I was adopted from Chile as a baby so my parents have a series of pictures from the day I became a citizen too. I LOVE the new blog header!!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell her that as a new citizen she must do all photos cheek to cheek! Love that one!
    DeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been here with you since the very beginning of this long journey. I've prayed and shed some tears as well. I've talked about you as if you were one of my closest friends. And every single day I PTL who pointed me your way. Now that finally you have your beautiful Joelle with you, I want you to know how thankful I felt of being a witness of your amazing love story. Thanks a lot for sharing such meaningful moments with us. May God bless you always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been a quiet follower of your story, but I just have to speak up now. This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so excited for you guys!!

    And, Joelle has the CUTEST clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! My best friend in the world adopted her two children so I know how much joy you are feeling right now. I am happy for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a birth mom and have a beautiful daughter who I placed in an own adoption 19 years ago. Consequently, I have a pretty big soft spot for adoption stories. I love following yours and hope ya'll will have all the blessings our adoption has brought us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE seeing all your pictures!! They are so wonderful and special! Your journey has just begun, and I am so excited for you! Keep posting about these special moments, I love reading about them!
    ~Tina
    TML721@gmail.com
    Laugh Live Love Learn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love looking at your precious family. Congratulations on all the wonderful things that have happened in the past year. Happy future. Keep us updated...

    ReplyDelete