Friday, February 8, 2013

What we've learned about Joelle...

It's nap time again, so I'm here to share some things we have learned about Joelle in the past 28ish hours of being together.

1.  She has some major swag.  I kid you not.  This girl knows how to rock accessories.  
 2.  She has a beautiful, genuine that she flashes us 80% of the day, but when we say "smile" she repeats us and just shows us her teeth.  She does it the exact way that Jared modeled it when trying to teach her.  

3.  She is a WONDERFUL momma to her sweet baby.  She constantly makes sure that her dress is covering her correctly and she checks her for dirty diapers every once in a while.  It's absolutely precious.  I love seeing her motherly instincts even as a 3 year old!

4.  She is a snuggler!  She loves to hug, kiss, and cuddle.  She also likes to wear her sunglasses to sleep :)
5.  Jared has 100% met his match.  They are two peas in a pod.  She's the one person who is impressed by his muscles and she laughs at EVERYTHING he does. 

6.  Joelle can whistle like a pro.

7.  While throwing the frisbee she doesn't just throw it normally.  To get a good laugh she... closes her eyes while throwing, throws it through her legs, rolls her eyes, pretends to throw it then hides it between her legs, etc.  She actually catches it really well!  Daddy has high hopes for her athletic abilities :)

8.  She is potty-trained and does NOT want to wear a pull-up to bed.  I'm pretty sure I broke her heart when I put one on last night.  Once the tears came, I took that bad boy right off!  We just woke her up in the middle of the night for a potty break and that worked for the first night of sleep!

9.  We may be a little biased, but we are pretty sure she is a genius.  Joelle will repeat ANYTHING we say if it's short and sweet.  She is learning her colors, numbers, animals, etc already!  We really aren't forcing it, but she is eager to learn.  At one point today she said, "Stand up mama" and I have no idea where that came from!  But, she made her point clear :)

10.  Last, but certainly not least, this girl can booty-dance with the best of them.... like get down!  I can't wait for fast internet so that I can show you a video of her getting low.  It's pretty amazing.

There's so much more, but I can't tell you everything all at once... after all, we've only just met yesterday :)



17 comments:

  1. What sweet, sweet memories you are making! Your story is so inspiring :) Little miss Joelle is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Sounds like you are getting along fantastically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Thank you so much for sharing these sweet moments with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing! I hope you are recording everything. While in her country your memories will be so vivid when you go home. You are so fortunate to have been able to travel and experience her first moments creating a family. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing story!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Your posts bring tears to my eyes, and I am so excited for you all! What a loved little girl. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally C-U-T-E! What fun you all are having. Thanks for keeping us updated. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family and thankful for God's faithfulness in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your sweet little girl already!! She's gorgeous and sounds like she has a beautiful personality!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like God gave y'all a perfect kiddo....sooooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...she's adorable! So glad that you have that beautiful little girl to love on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new baby girl is adorable! She definitely can rock those accessories! You can see the love and happiness in her face! Thank you so much for sharing these special moments with us! It brings joy to my heart to see your new family!

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you and your beautiful family. It must have been amazing for you to hear her say mamma for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's an absolute GEM! Our 3-year-old potty-trained not long ago and has been able to sleep through the night without a diaper or waking so praying for no accidents, though they're not that tough to handle if and when they do happen. I cannot wait for videos!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous little girl and an amazing journey that you have endured. I have followed you on Pinterest for a while and discovered your personal blog tonight. I sat and read it and laughed and cried! I am so inspired by your journey. I am so excited for the wonderful experiences you are about to endure in motherhood. It is such an amazing feeling. Best of luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is absolutely beautiful, Amy. What an amazing journey you have had. I am so happy for you :)

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amy, I went back and started reading your story after you originally posted about having brain surgery on your other blog... I thought "wow what they are going through to have a child" but it is more than that! It showed me what we need to be willing to do to reach and achieve our dreams; and your story proves it can happen with faith, determination and prayer. I am not religious but I do consider myself spiritual. However I really appreciate the faith you two have and the things you share on your blog. It is amazing and touching; God bless and congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete