It's nap time again, so I'm here to share some things we have learned about Joelle in the past 28ish hours of being together.
1. She has some major swag. I kid you not. This girl knows how to rock accessories.
2. She has a beautiful, genuine that she flashes us 80% of the day, but when we say "smile" she repeats us and just shows us her teeth. She does it the exact way that Jared modeled it when trying to teach her.
3. She is a WONDERFUL momma to her sweet baby. She constantly makes sure that her dress is covering her correctly and she checks her for dirty diapers every once in a while. It's absolutely precious. I love seeing her motherly instincts even as a 3 year old!
4. She is a snuggler! She loves to hug, kiss, and cuddle. She also likes to wear her sunglasses to sleep :)
5. Jared has 100% met his match. They are two peas in a pod. She's the one person who is impressed by his muscles and she laughs at EVERYTHING he does.
6. Joelle can whistle like a pro.
7. While throwing the frisbee she doesn't just throw it normally. To get a good laugh she... closes her eyes while throwing, throws it through her legs, rolls her eyes, pretends to throw it then hides it between her legs, etc. She actually catches it really well! Daddy has high hopes for her athletic abilities :)
8. She is potty-trained and does NOT want to wear a pull-up to bed. I'm pretty sure I broke her heart when I put one on last night. Once the tears came, I took that bad boy right off! We just woke her up in the middle of the night for a potty break and that worked for the first night of sleep!
9. We may be a little biased, but we are pretty sure she is a genius. Joelle will repeat ANYTHING we say if it's short and sweet. She is learning her colors, numbers, animals, etc already! We really aren't forcing it, but she is eager to learn. At one point today she said, "Stand up mama" and I have no idea where that came from! But, she made her point clear :)
10. Last, but certainly not least, this girl can booty-dance with the best of them.... like get down! I can't wait for fast internet so that I can show you a video of her getting low. It's pretty amazing.
There's so much more, but I can't tell you everything all at once... after all, we've only just met yesterday :)