Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hoping, Praying, Believing...

Sometimes it feels like we are on a journey that will never end.

I'm pretty sure Jared and I have been saying, "Next week will be THE week" since October/Novemberish.  And, I promise every time we have said it to ourselves and others, we truly believe it.  The closer we get to the big day where we will meet our little beauty, the harder it gets.  I have been looking at that sweet face for 9 months now, and my heart aches to see her in person.  This is where I am so thankful for my faith because without that I would be completely lost.

So, this is where we are at...

This past week was HUGE.  I mean that, genuinely.  God came through in a BIG way.  After many prayers and pleading with God to bring J's biological father to Kinshasa for an interview, HE made it happen!  On Wednesday, he arrived safely in the big city.  We were waiting on pins and needles for this to happen, especially after a week and a half of cancelled flights.  Then, on Thursday, he went into the embassy for his interview.  We've heard that went well.  Such a blessing.

Then, what are we waiting on?!

A stamp on her passport.  Literally, that is all we are waiting on.  While that seems really easy and I often find myself saying, "WHY CAN'T THEY JUST STAMP THE VISA ON HER PASSPORT ALREADY?!" I know that the Embassy has been bogged down quite a bit lately.  We often blame the Embassy for the "slow-downs" in our process, but really they work diligently on behalf of ALL Congo adoptions.  So, today we choose to be thankful for what the Embassy does for us instead of asking "Why hasn't this happened yet?!"

Here we are *believing* *hoping* *praying* that next week will be THE week again.  And, we ask that you pray with us.  Y'all have been so faithful to pray on behalf of our little family, and for that we are forever grateful.  Please know that we truly thank God for y'all and are in awe of the support that we have received.  


7 comments:

  1. Amy, I love all the scripture verses you reference. God has used these so many times to confirm our adoption journey and the faith that we need daily as we wait on HIS timing!!! I am so excited for ya'll! :) Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I am totally praying and standing with you in faith. God is faithful and he will give you the desires of your heart! Big hugs.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy sending prayers up to the Big Man Upstairs. I know His plan is not always understood, but so worth the wait! Hope you get your travel dates soon!

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is getting close!! In my prayers daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, your family has touched my heart! I Started out reading your teaching blog, but God brought me to this one. I am praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete