Friday, December 14, 2012

The good, bad, and ugly...

Well, friends, it has been about 4 days since my surgery, and so I think I'm ready to show you what's been going on... through pictures of course!  Jared's been awesome at updating this blog, and he has quite the way with words I must say!  But, I wanted to stop by real fast and just give you a quick update from ME!

First of all, I'm just going to throw this out there... my scar/stitches/nastiness that haunts me
I'm sorry, I had to do it!  If you are anything like me, you are scrolling quickly down and trying to not look at that picture again!  I really do get nauseated every time I look at the picture OR the scar in real life!  But, it's a reminder to me of what God has pulled me through and how good He has been throughout everything, so I just had to show it to you also!  Around that area is where I have the most discomfort... it itches, sometimes has a tingling sensation, and I just can't lay like I normally do.  Thankfully, I've been sleeping through the night even though I'm having to be super careful not to mess with it.  And, the pain meds that I'm taking normally cover up all that uncomfortableness :)  Jared tries to lie to me and say that I still look beautiful, but I'm not blind!

Before I move onto something good, I just have to show you this picture of hospital food.  It's just bad, real bad!  PTL for people who brought me food!
 Now onto the blessings...  

I will say that it is just a blessing to be able to sit here and type right now.  When the doctor told me that I would just be sleepy and need to rest for a few weeks, I wasn't really sure what that all entailed.  Trust me, I haven't  been on the computer all that much, and I do my fair-share of resting, but it is nice to be able to get up, communicate with people, and enjoy what's going on in the world from behind the computer.  Now, after about 30 minutes of being up, a nap normally does follow!

I am most definitely blessed with great friends that just came and sat next to me during the hospital... to offer words of encouragement and entertainment.  We had so many special people come by, and we are so thankful for each of them!  I only snapped a picture of Sarah, and I'm pretty sure she still has no clue that I did, ha!
It's the little things that people do that remind me that God is the ultimate comforter and healer....

Like getting pretty headscarves so that when I am ready to fix my hair I can cover up those nasty stitches (you know you haven't forgotten about that picture yet!)
 And, receiving beautiful flowers from friends all over the country...
 And, having a bath made for you by a husband who is really willing to do whatever I need just to make me the slightest more comfortable.

So, that's a little look into my life this week.  When I can hardly stop thinking about how my hair will lay once the stitches are out, or if I'll ever feel the same, I am reminded through texts, phone calls, visits, etc that God has such a larger plan than if my hair looks perfect.  He has truly done something miraculous this week, and He uses His people to serve, comfort, and be there when you truly need them. 

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing better! Still praying for your full recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! You really are such an inspiration!

    The Dalton Gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are on the mend, have been thinking of you this week! Your husband's posts are truly beautiful, really touched me tonight. Take good care, God bless!

    P.S. that scar is scary....I totally hear you about the hair thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you are doing better! Have been praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy... I am so thankful you are doing well. I'll be praying. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    you have a beautiful heart-- that far outweighs any nasty scar on your head! So glad you are in your Father's loving hands.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete