Saturday, December 8, 2012

Seeing the Hand of God...

When I went to the women's fall tea at church a few months ago, one of the sweetest ladies shared her testimony and spoke about how she has seen the hand of God throughout her life.  So, I wanted to take a moment here and tell you how I've been seeing God work throughout this past year.  I think it's important to look back and see how you've made it through the good and the hard times with the Lord's help.

When God called us to adopt from Africa, we weren't certain exactly where the money would come from to pay it, but He provided a supplemental income through my TpT store that has covered our expenses.  It has also relieved us from worrying about me being away from work and paying the hospital bills.  I can see the hand of God.

This summer some of my responsibilities at work were lightened, and at the moment this control freak couldn't understand why.  I mean, I can do it all, right?  Now, I am thankful for the lightened load and that God relieved me from worrying about different responsibilities while I'm out of work for a few months.  I can see the hand of God.

When I was rushed to the ER in September, not having a clue as to what was going on, we had the BEST hospital care ever, along with a number of nurses from Forney that were there to lend a helping hand.  I can see the hand of God.

I couldn't understand why our little girl wasn't here yet.  I thought she'd be here in September.  Now I know that God wants me to be healthy for my little girl, and His timing is perfect.  I can see the hand of God.

Then, I thought Jared would be traveling to Africa on Monday, December 10th, which is the date of my surgery.  How will we make this work?  Do we make J stay in Africa just because I need surgery?  We want her here so badly.  Right after our doctor's appointment we got an email from our adoption agency that it would be closer to January when Jared could travel.  God took that tough decision from us.  I can see the hand of God. 

I have been planning for months for my maternity leave at work... making lesson plans, copying activity after activity.  I had things planned up until March (just in case).  Then, all of a sudden I only had a 3 days notice that I would be out for surgery.  The plans at school were already done, I didn't even have to worry about it.  I can see the hand of God.

When I have my emotional breakdowns because I just can't understand what's going on, and why... I have a husband who remains calm and at peace with God's plan.  He takes care of the tough stuff... talking to doctors, making the plans, taking care of the little details when I'm just incapable of being level-headed.  I can see the hand of God.  Jared even made sure that I got to take part in our annual visit to the Gaylord AND he scheduled me a massage for this morning.  I needed a weekend of fun, friends, good food, and relaxation after the week that I had!







I really could go on and on and on.  God has used our adoption and my teaching blog to open us up to a world of prayer warriors.  I am so thankful that I can count on people that I see day after day, to those that I've never even met to pray for our family.  

So, as I go into surgery on Monday, December 10th around noon, I just want you to know that I can already see God's hand in my life.  I may not understand His plan, but I do know He is in control.  I have no doubt about that.  Am I scared?  Yes, I am terrified.  But, in those moments that I feel terrified, I also feel the comfort from a God that comforts like no other.  


25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony and will be thinking of you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy..may the The Lord be with you every step of the way...prayers and hugs go out to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Monday Amy!! I know everything will go well for you because you are such an amazing person! Your story and heart has touched many lives. Good luck Monday and we all can't wait to here from you after you are home. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an inspiration to so many!! I love visiting your blog and getting ideas for my classroom. I will be praying for you this Monday...Sending you lots of love from Hollister, Ca!!
    XO XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, the doctors, and for your family near and far. (J)
    Love ya,
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I have never met you, I enjoy your blog and your creative talents so much! Please know that not only I, but many of my friends and family, will be prayer warriors on Monday...starting early in the morning and going all day, as well as the coming days of your journey. Lots of love from Knoxville, TN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You have this month to recover and get strong for your little girl. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, many prayers go out to you and Jared. We are praying for you continually.

    We hope to visit you soon after your recovery.

    I love you!

    In Christ,
    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have loved following you through your teaching blog and will now follow you through your personal one. I will be praying for you, your doctors, and your family!

    Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been an "admirer" of yours for awhile now. Admirer in the sense that you are one amazing woman, someone I 'look up," and find as a "teaching inspiration." I am sad for your news but know {as do you} that He is in control. You are continuously in my thoughts and prayers! :)

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a brave lady, and an inspiring soul. Whenever I have needed something, you're the first resource to check, I love all the things, ideas, and freebies you have shared with us, and for that I'm thankful. May God be with you always!!!!! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know all will go well because you are strong and have a strong faith. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

    Melody Stokesberry
    Gray Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt a "connection" the first time I saw your teaching activities and was overwhelmed by them when I downloaded them. Now I know why there is a connection...1) I believe so whole heartedly in the Lord knowing all that we need. 2) I adopted a son from Ukraine who is my pride and joy! Those adopted kids are truly special ones from God. He was 2 when I adopted him and he is now 12. He makes me laugh all the time.
    When I read your blog about surgery I felt the adoption story you were telling was mine. It fell into place just like yours is.
    I will definitely be praying for you and Jared. I know God is listening to us and will keep you in His utmost care. Just remember (this was the prayer I prayed while adopting and ever since) God knows what we want but HE knows what we NEED!!! I went for a girl and came home with a boy......
    Can't wait to hear the simplicity of the surgery and praying it is minor compared to what you feel it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you the best Amy - today and always. I started following your teaching blog about a year ago, and you have provided me with so many new ideas.

    Sending you a big hug-
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy,
    You are simply amazing and a HUGE motivation in my life. I will be thinking of you and praying for you on Monday, and all your time after. I am sure all will go well and you will do amazing! Best of luck!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy
    I follow your teaching blog and have some of your awesome products. I am also a Christian and teach at a little Christian school in Phoenix. My class and I will pray for you, and we praise God for fellow Christians like you who praise Him openly to the world. You are a true servant. He will keep you in His care. God bless.
    Ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post! I am praying for you, Amy, and will be in prayer for you tomorrow during your surgery. I am also so excited for you and Jared to be getting little J soon. God's timing is perfect! I feel like it was just yesterday that we were in high school occupied with cheerleading and homework. Man how time has flown by, all we can do is rest in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing this, Amy. What an amazing testimony you have. I follow your teaching blog as well & have so many of your activities from TpT. I will be praying for you & your family as you head into surgery tomorrow. Praying for peace and comfort!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy, I follow your teaching blog and just hopped on over here after your latest post. I am SO sorry to read about this current hurdle placed in your life. It is amazing that even in the midst of such hardship, you bring glory to Him. It gives me goosebumps reading all of the ways that God has worked his perfect timing into your life thus far. I can't even begin to imagine how nervous you must be, but know as in all things... He will be right there with you, protecting you, and getting you one step closer to the amazing plans that are coming your way. I will say a special prayer for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy, like many of the other ladies and gents who commented here, I am someone who happened on to your materials on TpT, followed that to your teaching blog, and then clicked over here a while back when I saw that you had another site. Since reading all about the things going on in your life, I have been so inspired by you! I really admire your honesty. I was moved to tears by your latest post, and I wanted you to know that I, again like many of the others, will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy, I follow your teaching blog (and gobble up your units and materials as soon as they come out!) and started following your personal blog when I learned about your journey into adoption. I just wanted to leave you a message to let you know that I've been thinking about you and your surgery all day today. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I shared your surgery prayer request in Sunday school yesterday. Ladies in GA are praying for you!!! Thank you for showing so many of us the hand of our sovereign Lord through your faith and testimony. Your journey is leading others to Christ!! Stay strong, bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thinking of you and saying prayers of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There is a 2nd grade team in a little Virginia town thinking of, and praying for you. May 2013 bring you good health and a sweet child to love and to hold for mant years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I recently discovered your personal blog and am a new follower. I love this post about the hand of God. You inspired me to start writing down in a journal, each time I see the hand of God whether in the little or big things. Praying for healing for you!

    ReplyDelete