Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Finding the Balance

I've never been someone who has to "go, go, go" ALL the time.  I take it pretty easy during the summer when I have time off from teaching.  I enjoy relaxing and rarely get bored.  However, now that I am "forced" to take things easy I am finding it a little bit more difficult.  You see, taking it easy now means that I can't bend over, going out for the day to shop pretty much isn't going to happen, picking up around the house is a little more difficult, and I can't even pick up my own dogs (have I mentioned how attached I am to my pups right now?!  It's getting a little ridiculous!).  I try not to focus on all the things that I "can't" do because I am definitely more than blessed to be where I'm at right now.  BUT, I also try NOT to ignore the fact that I had surgery because then I end up in bed after a long day with some swelling or a headache.

So, here I am trying to find the balance of taking things SLOW, but also beginning to get back into my "normal" life.  And let me tell you how hard that's been over the past few days because I really wanted to take part in our traditional holiday fun!

Thankfully I have a husband that reminds me that I just had brain surgery 2 weeks ago and it's okay to just watch him clean up the Christmas decorations and such :).

Here's a little progression of photos over the past couple of weeks...

This is the night before my stitches were removed.  Still had to wear a bandage, but thankfully it could be covered by a cute headband :)
Right after the stitches were removed I came straight home and washed my full head of hair for the first time in 10 days!  Before that, I could really only get half of my head scrubbed up!
Christmas day... stitches out, scar healing, wearing my hair like normal (just too lazy to actually fix it, lol!)  I find myself asking Jared quite often, "Do you think people are going to think that I'm lying about having brain surgery because Dr. Barnett did such a fabulous job covering up my scar?  The last thing I want is for people to think I'm taking advantage of my recovery time!
I will say that after a few busy days I am a little sore, but it just reminds me that I really need to take my recovery seriously so that I will be ready and rested for my little one (still no NEW news on her yet).  AND, I will continue to work on finding that balance :)




3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear how well you're doing!!! Many prayers to you as you continue to recover and wait for your little blessing to come home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks cute all 3 ways!!! Looooove the headband!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are doing good and had a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete