We went in today for my 2nd MRI and consultation with my neurosurgeon. I will say that the Lord was with me all throughout my MRI... I was so much less nervous and worried than last time. I actually prayed for a little while, went through the ABCs of what I'm thankful for, and then fell asleep so that was a pleasant experience compared to the last one! Going from an emotional wreck to a semi-sane person was definitely progress for me :)
Oh, and the nurse has to poke me a total of THREE times before she found a good vein, but still I remained calm and collective :)
I was having all kinds of fun in the waiting room... working on school stuff, goofing off with Jared, checking in on Facebook/email/instagram. That was all fun and games before the doc came in.
This next one looks really sweet, but I promise it wasn't the such, ha!
Basically, I have a cavernous malformation like was expected before. However, it is a little more problematic than originally thought because it has had a small re-bleed and swelling since the last MRI. We (including the doctor) were all kinda hoping that the blood would clear, the cavernous malformation would be non-problematic and that I could just move on with my life. BUT, since it seems like things have happened since last time I need surgery. It's not necessarily "emergency" surgery, but it's not something you want to live with and worry about either.
So, that's where we are at. More than likely, unless anything changes, I will have brain surgery early next week to remove the cavernous malformation. It's about a 2 1/2 hour surgery, will spend a night in the ICU, and a few nights in the hospital. Dr. Barnett felt confident that although no brain surgery is fun, this one is a pretty normal surgery for him. We won't really know if there will be any therapy involved until we know how the surgery went and if it affected any of the area around that portion of my brain. After about a month off of work, no driving, no strenuous activity, no heavy-lifting I *should* be good to go.
So, that's where we are at right now. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that everything is peachy-keen and rainbows/roses right now. But, I can tell you that I have complete faith that the Lord will bring us through this. Jared keeps reminding me that He hasn't or will never put anything in our lives that we can't handle. If I didn't have my faith right now and so many strong people around me I truly don't know how I would react to situations like this.
I'm sure there are tons of questions that I didn't answer here, but like I said before, I am still processing the news that I literally just received. I don't know how or if this will affect our adoption. All I know is that I want this taken care of before J gets here (If I could have surgery tomorrow, I totally would!). I definitely want to be able to spend my time with her and not in the hospital. God's plan is perfect, and He knew this was going to happen before we found out today, so I know He will coordinate everything according to His will!