Friday, November 23, 2012

Packing.... Part 1!

Today while Jared was putting up the Christmas lights, I decided that it was time to start packing for Africa.  We still are unsure of when Jared will travel, but one can never be too prepared!!!

Since *our* plans have changed and I cannot travel at this point because of my health, I am doing everything needed to make sure Jared puts together a matching outfit WITH a matching bow {that's VERY important to this girl!}!!

I started by laying out outfits, trying to include a good mix of dresses, skirts, shorts, and leggings.  It's warm where she is, so I had to think in all things summer.  But, when they begin traveling back, it will probably be cold, so I had to include a few wintry outfits also.

Then, I put the coordinating outfits into ziploc baggies.  No worries, I will probably label them as well at some point :)
 I did pack undies and sleepy clothes too, but she's a lady so I didn't want to violate her privacy, ha!

Next, it was time to pack the backpack that she will take onto the plane.  I packed some fun girly items...
 I also packed some books, stuffed animals, and a baby doll.  That girl almost ALWAYS has a baby in her arms in the pictures we have seen, so that was a must!
 We still have quite a few things that she needs like socks, shoes, and some more small toys for the airplane, but we have plenty of time to finish up!

And, because Jared is such the germ-freak, I ordered him these items so that he can shower without using water all of the time.  He won't even buy a bottled coke from a foreign country, so using their water to do anything might just freak him out a little!
As I pack some more, I will be sure to pop back in to share those pics!

9 comments:

  1. Amy! I love this post!!! It makes my heart SO happy! I am over-the-moon-excited for you!!! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I only know you through your blogs, but I am a mom and a teacher and I wish you all the best with your journey with your new daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought of as I saw the picture of the outfits all laid out was to tell you to put them in ziplock bags - with socks, undies, outfit and bow all in there. But, you figured it out! You really can't trust men with putting all of that together! :) My hubs tries, but sometimes I wondered just what he was thinking -- especially when they girls were little. Now - they will tell HIM! :) Crayons and a plain paper notebook would be great for the plane too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very exciting! I love your ziplocks! We had our first daughter (I should say ONLY) after three fabulous sons, two years ago. I am obesessed with bows and accessories as well. Praying for y'all through this amazingly exciting journey!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost like your nesting :) I wonder if God is speaking to you <3 Praying for all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Great job on the outfit organization! As my husband and I started chatting about adoption, yours was one of the first blogs I came to. Good luck to you guys -- sending positive thoughts your way!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started reading your blog. Hope you get your baby home soon! It took five years to get my baby girl & what a blessing she is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your personal blog from your teaching blog and have read through a few posts. What an amazing journey! Congratulations on getting "almost" though the international adoption process!

    ReplyDelete