Monday, October 22, 2012

A Top Secret Shower!

This past weekend, Jared and I traveled to Chicago to meet up with 14 of my sweet friends.  Through blogging and TpT, I have been BLESSED with the relationships that I have made over the past few months.  These girls aren't only the best of the best {And, I really mean that!!!}, but they are also some of my closest friends.  

On Saturday morning, I walked into a hotel room thinking that we were having a jewelry exchange, but instead there were cute decorations, pretty presents, and all kinds of shower fun!  They surprised me, y'all!  Like, so surprised!  Actually, when they yelled, "SURPRISE!!!!" I thought they were making fun of me because I was the last one to show up for the jewelry exchange, ha!  But, then I looked around and knew that they had planned a top secret shower!  

Little Miss J got some darling presents....






 And, we ate some yummy cookies...

 And, everything was done perfectly!  I still don't know how they pulled it off, since NONE of them live even close to Chicago, but they sure did!


Moments like these make me realize how much love and support we have from the people in our lives. I am so thankful for these ladies and the relationships we have!  Love y'all bunches!


22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Amy! I'm so glad that I could be a little part of the excitement. Little Miss J is so lucky to have you for her Mommy! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet family once it is complete. Praying for God's plan to be speedy quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! So happy we could be there to help you celebrate and prepare for the arrival of Miss J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Too cute! May God bless you and your baby :)
    Alexa
    http://bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special!! I love this post, Amy. I love that all your blogging/Tpt friends could help celebrate with you!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that I got to share this moment with you and the rest of the girls! :) You are going to be a fabulous mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome weekend! Girlfriends are the best! Ms. J is one lucky little girl! She's so loved already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so special. If only I lived closer (the US is a l o n g way from Australia)
    I would love to be a part of your special celebration but love and prayers are never far away. Thinking of you and your new family to come.
    Rhonda
    Classroom Fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have recently found you and have just LOVED following you! Such exciting times! I love all of your ideas in the classroom and truly am inspired by you! God bless!! ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet and fun! How awesome are your bloggy buds to plan a secret shower:) I love the people and friends I have made through blogging. I have been following your adoption journey for a while and have been praying for you all;) Can't wait for you to get your girl home:) God bless you!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a first grade teacher in San Antonio, Texas and love your teaching blog. It seems like you have many things going on in your life these days! You are in my thoughts and prayers with your health issues and adoption. Your faith & community will definitely carry you through. I am so glad to find a fellow believer who is a teacher and blogger :)

    First Grade with a TwiSt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooooo sweet! Love the blogging world!! So excited for little Miss J to get here already!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was reading your teaching blog and just feeling a little jealous about your great trip. Now, here I am with tears in my eyes! Those girls are just amazing. And you trully deserve it! I can't wait to meet your little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you ladies really had a blast in Chicago! So sweet to throw you a surprise shower! Every mommy deserves one! :) Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Amy, you deserve everything that's coming your way!!!! God Bless You and your little Miss J.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is so sweet those ladies planned such a wonderful shower for you! That Africa print is too sweet- it will look great in J's room! Congrats, and I can't wait for her to be here with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so special... I am very excited about your little girl!I have 2 little boys (3 and 4 yrs old) and I am crazy about them!!! So I can't even imagine how excited you are!!! I just love all of your ideas, and so do my students... They get excited about all of your "craftivities" :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amy,
    I love reading you personal blog, and school blog so much. I nominated you for an award! http://www.hustedhappenings.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete