Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Updated pictures of J's room!

A couple of months ago I posted picture of J's room.  Well, I wanted to do a little post with the updates.

We added these little white flowers right by her bed.  They actually clip onto the head of a nail, so if they fall off you can easily slip them back on!  Or, you can move them around into a new form in no time!  Jared has a feeling that she's going to come right in and just take off all of the flowers like a barbarian.  But, I quickly remind him that she is perfect in every way ;)
 Her wardrobe now has dress-up clothes (and, a few toy cars/dune buggies on top... Daddy got his way there)!
 New curtains...
 J's aunt made her a cross that matches her room perfectly!
 Here's just a small portion of her closet... she has lots of cute dresses!
 And, what little girl doesn't need necklaces, purses, and lots of bows?!  
 Our sweet friends, Ben and Abby, sent us this perfect pillow... seriously LOVE this!

Her room is so bright and cheerful, and it makes me pretty stinkin' happy.  But, I can't spend a lot of time in there because I get emotional!  I guess now is a good time to tell you how much of a psycho I have become.  I check my email, phone, fb, Jared's email, Jared's fb about 300 times a day.  I call Jared during the day and right after work just to make sure he hasn't heard any news (like he wouldn't call me!) AND I am constantly checking the volume of my cell phone.  This waiting gig is about killing me.

Anyways, I won't bore you with my impatient self.  Here's to hoping we get new information soon!

14 comments:

  1. Yes, Amy let's cheer you with a toast on getting dear J pretty soon!!!! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! Everything looks so fabulous {chevron curtains, Africa pillow, EVERYTHING}. J will love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I don't know you but I found you through TpT. I also teach 2nd grade. Your story is amazing and I am so happy for you and your husband and your sweet little J. I can't imagine your wait and I will pray that you get some news very soon! And I am absolutely in LOVE with her bedroom. You have awesome taste!!! You want to come to Ohio and decorate my 3 year old twin girls' bedroom?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok fill me in on the pillow i want one! did you make it? also where did you get the drapes!? our boys room is grey white turquoise and yellow and im looking for drapes just like those! love reading your updates :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillow is from a friend, but I'm pretty sure they had it custom made... maybe from Etsy?! And, the curtains are from Urban Outfitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Aren't girls fun to shop for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful Amy! She is going to LOVE it! I absolutely adore the dress up dresser with the clothes and buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for your family! Everything looks lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...I want to come live in your daughter's room! Hee hee! Seriously, she is going to love it. Seeing her play, sleep and spending time in there will be amazing. I started following your blog after seeing you on Pinterest. I have been praying for your family, That everything goes quickly and smoothly. I too have had a heart for adoption, but I don't think it will happen for my family. We have 3 amazing healthy boys, it's just never felt like the right timing. I will keep your family in my prayers daily. I have recently started a blog if you want to check it out! :-) www.mrsseiber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.
    buy fire extinguishers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    fire extinguisher

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE her room! She is going to be so happy in it :)

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I found you blog on Pinterest looking for a dresser repurpose and have been sitting here reading your story.......love it!
    Anyway, can you give me any tips on the dresser?? I hope to do something similar for my sweet girl! Thanks!!! (Chrisjennjax@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete