Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thankful

I know that I said in my previous post how blessed I am to have such sweet, loving, supportive, and caring people in my life {okay, so I maybe I didn't go on and on like that, but I totally should have} BUT, today I realize that more than ever.  I truly don't think I'd be feeling NEAR as good as I do now if it weren't from the help of so many people.  I wanted to take a moment and just give you a little taste of how awesome the people in our lives are...

-First of all, our parents... you may think yours are good, but they don't hold a candle to ours.  They've done everything from bringing us normal food at the hospital, clean our house/do laundry (thanks Momma!), stay by our sides, move our cars, drive me around, call/text to check on me no less than 100 times a day, hug at the right moment, pray over us, bring me medicine, and so much more that I can't even think of!  And, this was all in the past 4 days people!

-Our families have been there to squash so many rumors and to just show us LOVE!

-Our friends swooped in at the perfect moments to provide a distraction from the worrying and hospitaly-ness.  And, can I say that Kent and Sarah even ate at the hospital cafeteria with us... that's true friendship, y'all!  I've gotten tons of texts, emails, fb messages, phone calls, gifts and more from my sweet friends!

-Our church... ohmiword.  If you don't have a church family, I don't know how you make it through the tough times.  They are my prayer warriors and my 2nd family.  I was a little worried when I walked into church this morning because I didn't want to be overwhelmed, but they all reacted and responded perfectly.  Their hugs, kisses on the cheek, and encouragement lifted my spirit for sure!

-Our students- when I got "sick" the week before Fall Retreat I was truly devastated because I LOVE spending time with our girls (sorry guys... y'all gross me out!).  But, the Lord's timing is perfect, and I started feeling 100% on Saturday morning and headed down to the camp right away!  They were the PERFECT distraction.  The day before I was just sitting in bed, crying because all I could do was think about my situation and what the future may hold.  But, once I got to camp, that was all over!  I was greeted with so many hugs and smiles that it warmed my heart!

-All of my fb friends, blog followers, and virtual friends... the messages and comments truly helped bring a smile to my face.  And, the fact that y'all are/were praying for me just makes me giddy :)

And, I'm sure there are people that I left out, but I'm going to use the excuse that I have a brain bleed on this one ;) and I just can't remember everything!

-I'm already coming in here to add some more people, ha!  My school family has been nothing short of amazing also!  I didn't even have to worry about my class for a second because I know they were all pulling double-duty just to take care of my kiddos.  Anytime I would ask about school they would tell me not to worry at all!  God has blessed me beyond words with an amazing place to work :)

So, here's a picture to show you just how good I am feeling... I may be a little crazy, but I really do feel GREAT!  

And, I'm going to say it again.  My husband is amazing.  I can't even tell you how much I love this man without starting to tear up {dangit, my eyes are starting to water!}  He is the perfect balance to the emotional wreck that I am, and he knows how to make everything feel better.  Praise the Lord for giving me my Love when I was just a freshman in high school!  

{Side note- this picture was from Fall Retreat this weekend.  We had a Nerd Prom, and we are kind of a big deal, just sayin'}

I'm going to leave you with a few verses that kind of fit what we need right now...

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Phil 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.

7 comments:

  1. Amen to that Amy, I'm so glad that you're feeling much better!!!!!!! PTL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your teaching blog and found the link to this one. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and will pray you continue to feel better. Prayers and God Speed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nerdiness and happiness ROCKS!!!! I am so happy for you and for all the love and support you are feeling. I have thought and prayed about you through the weekend. I am so happy you were able to update us!
    Much Love,
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, this is your cousin Briana. I am so glad you are doing well! I emailed and texted many people to pray for you when everything first started. People in Colorado and at Altamesa have been on their knees for you and asking how you are doing. I know God was with you and answered our prayers to stop any further bleeding that day you were teaching. I love you so much and I am so glad you are my cousin! I am so excited to hear the news about Joelle. Thanks for the update on your blog. Jeremy and I continue to pray for you both and if you need ANYTHING, let us know.
    I think I lost your email, so can I have it again?
    Blessings,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have never met you in real life but I feel like I could have. If that doesn't sound creepy stalkerish I don't know what would :). But anyway, I have been following your teaching blog because I also teach 2nd grade and have gotten lots of lovely ideas from it. I started bee-bopping over here every once in a while for funsies. Anyway, I just want you to know that I will be praying for you. We may not know each other personally, but we personally know the same God. My prayer is that your faith will grow with each twist and turn of this journey and that at each tough spot, your dependence on Him will become stronger and not weaker. It feels good to know that there are other Christian educators out there. And know that this one is praying for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, what great news! I wish you and your new family all of the best! And, the best way to take care of your family is to take care of the Mommy...and that's you!

    I found your teaching blog a year ago, and I swear I check in at least twice a week. So, I feel like I know you...a bit creepy yes, but your positive attitude and faith in God has been very inspiring.

    I have two little girls myself and I can tell you that your little angel will be the light of your life! Two and a half is the BEST age...so adorable!

    Congrats and take care!

    ReplyDelete