Saturday, July 28, 2012

Our daughter

Can I tell you a little bit about my daughter, and this is based on information that I have seen?  I totally understand that the documents in the Congo may not be accurate, but that's all we have to go off of.

*She is from the eastern part of Congo.  The part that right now is having a pretty large conflict as we speak.  This part of Congo is very rich in natural minerals and resources which leads to a lot of fighting, unrest, and war.  Ten of thousands of people have been displaced and are fleeing away from the rebels who are seizing towns one by one.  This is where my daughter is from.  This breaks my heart.




*When the sweet people from our agency picked up the children from this area in April, my daughter and 12 other children did not have 1 piece of clothing on their body.   They did not have diapers, they had nothing.  My daughter was 2 and had nothing.

*Early in July, we received court documents about J.  Her mother is "unknown," but her father's name was listed.  We will never know who her birthmother is, we will never know what happened to her, why she became an orphan, if she has any siblings, or anything other than her living situation was considered "condemnable" in the Congo.

But, by the grace of God, she is now being taken care of, clothed, fed, played with, sung to, danced with, and so much more because of our agency's orphanage.  She is thousands of miles away from the current conflict.  She has a roof over her head and several friends that she can smile with.  Watching her little personality develop through the videos and pictures we've seen over the past few months has brought me so much joy.  She interacts and gets involved so much more now than she did in April/May.  I can't thank the caretakers enough for what they are doing for our little girl.

As of right now, we have no idea when we are going to be able to travel.  Can we ask you to pray for that?  We are fully trusting that God will provide His perfect timing, and He will give us the peace and patience that we need as we are waiting.  Every day that we our travel is delayed is one less day that we get to spend with our child.  Thank you for being faithful to pray as we continue to try to bring our daughter home!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I'm praying for you sweet friend. Take care! :)

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. How great is God. Your little J will go from where she was before to such an amazing home with your family...absolute blessing. We'll be praying she is in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I'll be praying for y'all! She will be with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers are coming your way! I love reading your adoption process posts, as I hope to be able to do the same someday. God's timing never ceases to amaze me. Can't wait to see what else He has in store for your family throughout this process!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see J's sweet smile when she sees her bedroom for the first time. She has many wonderful blessing in her future.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you all. :) Found this site through your teacher site. Have a great school year too!

    Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled across your blog looking for back to school ideas (for second grade!), and 15 minutes later after getting to know you through your posts I know this was an ordained moment for me. My husband and I have been trying to have a child for more than a year now. I had coffee with a friend this morning and I was telling her how I've felt my heart opening to the possibility that God's plan for our family may not be what I had in mind. I read through your posts about adoption and just felt overwhelmed with peace from the Lord, that "He puts the lonely in families". I don't know what our road holds for the future, but just wanted to let you know that I was SO encouraged by your story today. And, I love your teaching ideas and am very excited to be following your pinterest boards now. Take care and be blessed today!

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete