Monday, July 2, 2012

J's bedroom reveal

J's room is so close to being finished, y'all!  We still have a few things that haven't been delivered yet, but I just couldn't wait any longer to share with you!  Please keep in mind that she is getting new curtains... those dark blue ones are not here to stay :)  We also have a few accents that are on their way!  As soon as we get those things, I'll be sure to update :)

When you walk into her door, this is what you'll see.  Jared did all of the painting, including the turquoise furniture :)  The long, turquoise table is going to be a table/bench.  Jared's Granny sewed a cushion top that will go right on top!  Pretty cute for a table I picked up off the side of the road several years ago.
Bed:  Havertys
Bedspread:  Land of Nod
Rug:  Urban Outfitters
Wall Art:  Hobby Lobby
Paper Chandelier:  Pottery Barn

The first thing that you see as you open the door is J's little library.  I found this on Pinterest, and just had to include it in her room.  The shelves are actually shutters.  

And, because I'm a teacher, she already has some reading manipulatives in her shelves.  Every little girl needs a microphone to read into, a pointer, fun reading glasses, and bookmarks, right?!

Here's a closer look at her bed.  The trundle pulls out... and we can use it as an extra sleeping space or storage!  LOVE!

Another Pinterest inspired project... planters turned into toy storage!  I found these planters at Garden Ridge, they have TONS of different options there.

Here's the view from her closet (don't forget to ignore those curtains!).  We moved a chair from our bedroom into J's room.  Her initials came from Hobby Lobby... they were gold, so I spray painted them white.  Super easy.

 This is Daddy's little spot... a pillow that says, "Dad Rocks" and the giraffe he bought for her in New York!

This little table was in my classroom a few years ago.  It was originally lime green, then black, and now it's white with a scrapbook paper top!  My Mammaw gave me lots of really great silver pieces, so I put some of those on top :)

I'm really surprised that Jared hasn't figured a way to block Pinterest from my phone and computer because it made him work pretty stinkin' hard for J's room!  He turned an old dresser into a wardrobe closet, isn't it precious?!  I found that idea {HERE}.  The large pink frame came from Canton.  It will house a family picture as soon as we are able to get one!

It's intended use is for dress-up clothes and supplies, but we don't really have any of that stuff yet.  So, just for display purposes I put some of her clothes inside.  On the side it has 2 knobs for costume jewelry.

On the other side, Jared hung a mirror that I found in Canton.  A girl's gotta look after she gets all dolled up :)

And that's it for now!  I have to give A LOT of credit to Jared because he put a lot of work into this room.  Every time I had an idea, he just went with it, and didn't complain... too much, ha! ;)

Now, we just need our precious little girl!  Hoping and praying that happens SOON!


22 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful mom! I love the room!!!

    Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us take a peek at J's beautiful room.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet room. She is one lucky little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious room!!! :)

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is amazing! Your little girl is going to love it :) She is lucky to have you guys as parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Amy. Excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! She will ADORE the dress-up armoire!! And the mirror -- just precious! You both did an amazing job! What a lucky little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, she will feel so well loved. I hope that your wait is almost finished. God Bless You!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Adorable! I hope she gets to join you REAL soon!

      Delete
  10. AMY--this room is beyond perfect!!! You are all going to have so much fun making memories in that space! Great work, Jared on everything...the wardrobe is my favorite :). I am so excited for the three of you and hope time passes quickly until she arrives. LOVE to you all!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE!! And Jared's a champ for helping make all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW the room came out super cute. I love the colors on the wall and how great the dresser/closet turned out. J is so blessed to have such awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay so this totally made me cry! I am so happy for you! I just love my Megan, that's my daughter, and this reminds me of all the fun we had waiting for her to arrive! You are going to love being a mom. One lucky girl to have you both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess I'm a little late to comment on here, but honestly Amy, this is a beautiful, vibrant, inviting space. I am beyond excited for you, and I know that you will be an amazing mom! What a lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just popped over her from your teaching blog and am in tears...it is amazing how God works in the lives of His children. It makes me want to purchase so many more of your TPT items knowing what you are using the money for! May God continue to richly bless you and your growing family. I will pray for a quick and safe arrival of J!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such an inspiration! Thank you! I'm praying for you to meet your precious J soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and hubby did a wonderful job! Such a lucky girl!

    All Things Teachery

    ReplyDelete