Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No "new" news

At this point in our adoption process, we are pretty much at a standstill.  When people ask, "Have you heard any NEW news?"  We just kinda smile and say, "Yes, we've heard that we won't hear anything for the next 2 months."  Kinda stinks, but not much we can do about it!  So, while we are in these 2 months with no news, I am trying to use this time to prepare for our little girl.

Even though, we don't have anything "new" our baby girl sure does!

Her NEW bedding and throw pillows came in the mail :)

I finally took the plunge and bought some clothes!  She has 3 NEW outfits :)

 She also has a NEW backpack.  Seriously, who doesn't need a fox backpack?!  C'mon, people!

Marley's not so sure what to think about all of these new things!

And, some random pictures for the day...

We got this in the mail from a sweet family!  They are adopting from the Congo, as well!

We are starting to get ready for our Honduras mission trip...  gathering things got old very quick, so I decided to blog instead ;).

My summery centerpiece for my kitchen table.  Time to brighten things up around here!

I assure you that once we know anything "new" we will fill you in!  In the meantime, there's still lots to do to prepare for our baby's homecoming!

5 comments:

  1. We are in the waiting phase too. We received our referral about the same time you guys did. Hoping the time goes by quick. We can't wait to bring our little boy home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading the timeline. Best of luck!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious where and when you are going to honduras?! My hubby is a student pastor as well and we are going to Honduras for a mission trip next month, July 7. Thought it was kind of cool that you are headed to that country as well. :) We are also in the process of adopting from the DRC. We are supposed to get the first draft of our Home Study on Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed reading your blog as we are praying for guidance on if and when we should adopt. Your timeline seemed so fast. Would you be willing to share the name of yor agency? I feel like I have looked at all of them. candice_renee@yahoo.com

    Thanks Candice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled on your blog. I loved reading about your adoption. That's very exciting. I'm on the other side of the adoption process. When I say that I mean that I'm currently teaching overseas, but I have a student in my class who is being adopted into a family in America. He found out that he has a "forever family" this past semester. I cried bittersweet tears knowing that he has a like-minded family who already is loving him and preparing for him, but knowing that this sweet boy will be leaving soon made my heart break. I have many friends who have adopted children, but I've never been on this side. It's been a special treat from the Lord to be with this child and experience adoption from a different perspective. May the Lord be with you and your husband during these next few months. Your little girl is waiting eagerly for you!

    ReplyDelete