Monday, May 7, 2012

Our God is good!

OH MY GOODNESS!  We've had so many blessings within the past 24 hours that I don't even know where to begin.

Oh wait... yes I do!  Jared and I are PROUD parents of the cutest little girl on.the.earth.  I so wish that I could share her picture and name on here, but we just want to protect her as best as we can!  But, we don't have to call her "Little Bit" anymore... how exciting is that?!  I'll refer to her as J on my blog posts and Facebook :)

She is 2 1/2 years old, weighs 26 lbs, and is 33" tall!  She has dimples on both of her chubby, little cheeks that I can't wait to kiss all over!  Her eyes are big, beautiful, and brown!  We are already so in love that we don't know what to do with ourselves :)

Now to the BIG question- When do we get to bring her home?!  Sorry, friends.  We just don't know.  There's a lot of paperwork, govt approval, etc. etc. etc. that goes into adoption.  I promise it won't be delayed because of us, because we will fill out all of our paperwork ASAP!  The government just takes so stinkin' long!

Want more good news?  As if getting a picture of our precious little girl wasn't enough, God blessed us in a HUGE way again today!  As soon as we got home we got a letter in the mail from US Immigration with our i600a approval!  Seriously people, this can take several months, and ours took ONE month!  Isn't that incredible?!  Pretty much, the government has approved us to be adoptive parents {which is a good thing considering we now have a daughter that lives in the Congo ;)}


So, Jared and I are floating on cloud 9 right now and don't expect to get down anytime soon.  Although, I have been informed that we can't go shopping until we calm down a little bit.  With all of the emotions we are experiencing, our first tendency is to go crazy and buy the whole store for J...Which we will do at some point if I have any say:)

Other than that, all we ask is that you pray for our little girl's health, safety, and living conditions!  We also pray that our process would go smooth and quickly so that we can bring our baby home.  If you don't believe in the power of prayer, just listen to this-

Jared and I went to the altar on Sunday to pray about our adoption. We asked God to give us a referral this week.  It's been hard to ask for that because we don't want to seem selfish, but wanted to step out in faith and just ask for it.  A mere 7 hours later we received the phone call about our J.  Then, today Jared asked Kent to pray about our i600a getting approved soon.  In the same day, we received the approval!  That's the power of prayer, my sweet friends!  God does amazing things when you step out in faith and ask!  

Matthew 19:26

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”




20 comments:

  1. It's wonderful news and a powerful testimony. I can't wait to meet her or at least see her sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote our Cubbies at AWANA..."Our God is so big, so strong, and so mighty, there's NOTHING my God cannot do." Rejoicing with you and continuing to pray for your family that you will be united soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you two!!!! How amazing!!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful! Congratulations, we cannot wait for the day we get our own referral!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you all day! I am just so excited! :) You are being blessed by a God who loves you and your new little family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news!! We also just got a referral for our daughter on Friday. I'll be sure to check for your updates in your process!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I don't know you. :) But follow your blogs. Ever since you firt posted about your adoption journey I've been hooked! Hooked I tell you! Praise God for your good news!
    p.s. Thanks for all the wonderful 2nd grade tips also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news! You thought you were impatient before now the waiting is really hard. Plan another trip! Congrats on your family of 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise the Lord!!!!!! I've have been following your teaching blog since last year. You went out of your way to help a complete stranger, you even let me share in your blog some states cards that I made and you were kind enough to make a Spanish alphabet for me.
    I'm a believer that everything good that you do towards others in one way or other it will pay you back, and now our dear Father is only returning your way part of the love you have share so selfishly.
    God Bless you, your husband, and your beautiful baby J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how excited you are!!! Congrats!!! Prayers for you both and J:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God for His blessings! So excited for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thank you for all the ideas you have given me to become a better teacher. Now I want to convey ALL MY CONGRATS to you and your husband. Your love for J is and always has been in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there -- I found your blog from the Kings blog. We brought home our son from the DRC in January. What a blessing he has been to our lives. In a few days he will be home for 4 months now.. but seems like he has been part of our family forever.

    Congrats on your referral-- that is so exciting!!

    I have an adoption blog as well if you care to stop by.. http://divinemomentstlf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I found your teaching blog after buying a few of your things from TpT (love your store!), and a friend of mine told me I had to check out this blog. Such an amazing feeling to know that you're adopting! I'll be praying for your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Amy,
    I follow your amazing teacher blog and you on pinterest so when I saw little hair bows being pinned I knew some good news was in store!! I am so happy for you! What a blessing! I pray that the govt. moves quickly so you can be united with your precious little girl!!!! Congrats!!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is so exciting!!! I stopped and said a quick prayer and wrote you down in my prayer journal. How exciting this time must be for you and your husband.. I can not wait to read and hear more about Miss J.

    Congrats! God is Good!

    xoxo,
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay! I just found your blog. So fun. My hubby and i are adopting from DRC and awaiting referral. So fun! God bless the remainder of the paper trail and court stuff!
    kylie
    www.onalightstand.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praise God! What a blessing He has given you and Jared. I agree with you, pray big, cause with God all things are possible!!!
    Congratulations!
    Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amy,
    Congratulations!!! This is SO exciting!! I have been following your teaching and personal blog for a little while now and you truly have such an amazing heart. My husband and I are on our own journey of having a baby and sometimes just reading your posts give me the little push and inspiration I need to make it through the ups and downs. Lots of love and happiness to you, your husband, and little one!!

    Jess
    Jessica and Nick
    Mrs. Wood's Class

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stumbled across your blog from Teachers pay teachers! You and your husband are such a blessing! Congratulations on your precious baby girl! There is nothing like being a parent. I don't even know you, but have sat with tear-filled eyes of joy for you! God Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete