Sunday, May 27, 2012

Inspiration for J's room

Jared and I will soon be fixing up J's room.  I am trying to pull all of my ideas together before I just dig in.  I have a tendency to want things done quickly, so I normally make rash decisions that I end up regretting later on (especially when it comes to DIY and home projects).  But, I want J's room to be nothing short of perfect, so I'm searching high and low to find the cutest ideas possible :)

First of all, now that I know I have a little girl, here is my new inspiration.  I LOVE the gray walls with white furniture.  I also love the mixture of yellow, dark pink and light teal.  

Instead of a crib, we want to get J a twin bed with a trundle.  We are still on the look-out for this, but have found some really good options!  She sleeps in a bed, not a crib at the orphanage, so we feel pretty confident that a small bed would be best.  If needed, we can use the trundle for her to sleep on when she first gets home (so that she isn't too high off the ground), or one of us can lay there if needed.  Then, when the time comes, she will have room for her friends :)


I found this bedding, that I whole-heartedly plan on buying.  Just waiting for the thumbs-up from Jared :)  I want to layer it will fun pillows.

How sweet are these cloud bookshelves?  They are all over Etsy!  I might beg ask my Grandpa to make a few for J.

This may be the thing that I'm most excited about!  We are going to turn an old dresser into a dress-up wardrobe for J.  Seriously, how precious is this?!  I'm thinking light teal...

In other news, I have committed to learn how to make bows.  I bought a headband for $7 the other day, which really isn't that bad, but when I looked at it closer, I realized that I could probably make it for a buck.  So, my summer mission is to make TONS of hair bows that can be put on headbands for J's bald head :)


I can't wait to get all of these things ready for my beautiful little girl.  Hoping that making bows, fixing up her room, and preparing our house for a little one will help the time pass quickly.  We've been told that it will be a good 2 months before any "new" news, so we definitely need distractions at this point.

I'll be sure to post room progress pictures as soon as we get started!

Pray that these next 7-9 months {hopefully LESS} go quickly, it's pretty painful to know that your child is thousands of miles away and there's no possible way that you can go get them until the government says, "you are good to go!"  But, we know that the Lord's timing is perfect, so we find peace in that!


8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your husband, Amy! That bedroom is BEAUTIFUL! Those bright colors up against those grey walls are gorgeous. And, those little bows are precious. Congratulations! I can't wait to read more about your sweet little girl.


    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! would you mind emailing me at ylblair@gmail.com i wanted to ask you a question about your agency thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in loved with the colors. I'm sure you are going to make a great job!!! I hope time just flies by so in no time you'll have your beautiful baby girl with you. Your family will be on my prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on such amazing and wonderful news!
    I didn't know you had this adorable blog so I am a new follower!

    I just sold my daughter's twin sleigh bed trundle 2 days ago!!!! Isn't that crazy!? She's 11 now. Time flies!

    I LOVE all your decorating ideas and your style both in your classroom and in your room.
    p.s. how on earth did you make those paper flowers!?
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to be such a great mom--I can tell already! I love how you love her so much; it warms my heart!! Congratulations again--SO happy for you and Jared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came over from your teaching blog, which I love! So excited for you! Check out the ribbon retreat.....they have awesome ribbon mixes and hair hardware has great tutorials and other supplies. The big salon clip is really helpful for making bows! Good luck,

      Delete
  6. That is such wonderful news for you! Our neighbors have two adopted boys and they are such a blessing to them! My twins are baldies too and i took a bow making class. They are def easier to make then you think! Hobby Lobby has cute soft headbands to put the bows on for a really good price!
    Lisen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the room inspiration! I can't wait to see it as it comes together. I hope you will update us.

    Your little J is precious!!!

    Keep making those bows. Odette loves them. I'm not sure if they will keep the kids' heads shaved or not. Odette had pretty long hair that was often braided until days before we picked her up. It is growing in well though.

    Excited to follow along on your journey!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete