Saturday, April 28, 2012

Trying to be patient, and seeing God's blessings!

It's getting really hard to be patient.  I mean, I have my good and bad days when it comes to how much I can handle.  Honestly, the only time it's easy to be patient are when we are REALLY busy {which, thankfully is most of the time!}.  So, I don't even know if you could consider that actual patience, but nonetheless busy weeks help the waiting time go by faster.

With that being said, I truly and wholeheartedly trust in God's plan and timing.  I know that He, by far, has a better plan than I ever could.  After all, He already knows our child and is loving them at this very moment.  When I pray, I ask God to provide a comfort, love, and nourishment to our child that only He is capable of doing.  I pray that He would, in His own way, comfort our child in knowing that their Mommy and Daddy are coming to get them as soon as we can.  I pray that He would prepare our hearts and minds for that day when we become a Forever family.  I pray that our child would come to know, love, and serve Christ as we raise them up in a God-fearing home.

As far as news goes, I have a little bit of information.  So far , 17 children have arrived at the orphanage, 4 of which were "referred" to families over the Easter weekend.  The other 13 children have been blood-tested, and the agency is getting ready to refer those children as well.  As much as I want a referral like NOW, I know that every family in the process feels the same way.  The most important thing is that each child gets placed with a family that will love, support, and protect them!  We have no clue where we are on the list, so we aren't sure if our child is part of the "13" or not.  However, we will know soon enough.  Our agency is working diligently to bring other children into the orphanage so that all families will be placed with a child within the next few months.

So, what have we been doing to move our process along during the time that we are waiting?  Here's what we've completed:
1.  Home Study has been completed and finalized!
2.  We have sent off our i600a to the USCIS and it is being processed.
3.  We have done our fingerprints and they are being processed.
4.  We've started gathering documents for our Dossier like new copies of our marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.

Can I tell you about a HUGE blessing?  And, I truly do not tell you this to brag.  I tell you this because God has provided for our family more than we could have ever imagined.  On December 23, 2011 I started to sell my teaching materials, units, lesson plans, etc. through a website called Teachers Pay Teachers.  I've been blogging for almost a year now, and have received several blessings just from my teaching blog in the way of friendships, support, and an outpouring of love and encouragement.  It has also made me become a better teacher and more focused on the success of my students.  I was totally against selling anything that I made at first because I am 100% not a salesman.  I HATE anything confrontational like that.  However, this past December I really felt like it was the right time to start making things for purchase.  I still try and do my fair share of just "sharing" because that is still my heart.

Well, God has definitely blessed that plunge that Jared and I took in December.  Jared has been SUPER supportive of the time that I spend making and creating materials.  It is through the sales on this website that we will fully fund our adoption!  In just a few short months God has already provided everything that we need when it comes to our adoption.  How could we not give all the glory to God?! There is no other way to explain it :)


So, although I may not be the most patient person in the world (and I really am working on this!), I can't help but to fully rely and depend on my Creator!

 

7 comments:

  1. This post is so inspirational! I have been a BIG fan of your work on your teaching site, and have bought more than a few of your wonderful materials off of TPT. I think it is wonderful that you've been able to fund your adoption through the amazing work you post there. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher, sharing your awesome resources as well as sharing your love for the Lord. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an insperation to me. I also love your teaching materials! As soon as I found out that you were using your TPT to help fund your adoption, I passed the news around my school in Colorado. A lot of teachers were insprired as well! Thank you for all that you do. I would not have made it through my first year of teaching 2nd grade if it were not for you and a few other bloggers who have shared such wonderful materials! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I pray for you and your family as you go through this process. God is Great, and his timing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a first grade teacher here in Texas, an Aggie (I saw those orange shirts!), but most importantly, I love Jesus! I'm not sure how I came upon your personal blog, but I have loved reading it! Adopting is SO exciting and SO fun! My husband and I definitely feel that God has that in store for us somewhere in our future. As we pray about starting a family of our own, it has been very encouraging to read your thoughts and about your journey. The Lord is so great at affirming that we are in his will by providing for things that we have no idea how we will fund. I praise God for his faithfulness! Enjoy the rest of your school year and I pray that you continue to be patient and embrace the Lord more and more as he places you with the perfect "little bit" match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Amy.... I am Molly, also a seller on TpT (sell under the name Elementary Lesson Plans). I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I stop in every now and then to get an update. Plus, I absolutely love your products. I teacher 4th in HOTlanta, GA. I always admire your products and have watched you work your way to the top (near top, anyway) in sales. I do love hearing where your money is going, such an inspirational story. Good luck as you complete this journey. I will be back to read where the road takes you next.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a kind heart you have Amy! I must say I get double excitement from purchasing your items on TpT now. Not only do I happily pay for all the hard work you put into designing such great units but to know that it is helping out with your adoption process is extra exciting! You continue to inspire teachers around the world! Just today I shared your blog with 2 student teachers at our school. It is pretty amazing how much your blogging is influencing classrooms everywhere! I think God has blessed you with some incredibly creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Amy! I literally have tears in my eyes because I have bought so many of your awesome packets and had no idea they would be able to one day give you the greatest gift of all! I will be happy to keep shopping from you in the future! I am so happy for you and your soon to be family of 3! Second Grade <3 all the way ~ Libby (mom of 2 and 2nd grade teacher in VA)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I stumbled upon your blog after looking at some of your TPT items. First of all, you are incredibly creative and I will be back to your store often to purchase items for my second grade class. But more importantly, I am so excited to know that by buying your things you are able to adopt a precious child. That just absolutely warms my heart. I can't wait to follow your amazing story! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete