Let me just start this by saying I don't have a lot of new info for you... sorry! We get asked almost daily if we know anything new, but unfortunately the news we get is pretty few and far between :( So, just be patient and pray with us!!!
Jared and I will be celebrating our 7th anniversary next week! YAY! We are headed to New York for a few days. It was a very "last minute" trip, but we are hoping to distract ourselves and have a little fun in the midst of this adoption process. For our anniversary, Jared ordered me this AH-dorable necklace from Etsy.
I- LOVE-IT! But, have to get a longer chain because I'm pretty sure my neck is too fat, haha!
For our home study, we had to do a few things, like:
1. Purchase a fire extinguisher
2. Cover up our plugs.
3. Put all cleaning supplies, knives, and medicine out of reach
4. Buy a trash can with a lid (really?!)
5. Fix our smoke detectors (they technically haven't worked since we moved in, but they do now!)
6. Lock up all firearms... okay, so we didn't have to do this one because we don't own any!
7. Check our water levels??
and we also...
8. Cleaned every room
9. Cleaned and organized every closet plus the laundry room
10. Cleaned out our garages and threw a BUNCH of junk away
11. Sorted through our clothes again and bagged the ones we are going to give away
and so much more! But, now that part is over!!
Our dogs were pretty much complete angels throughout our Home Study meetings...
Let me re-phrase that... Bailey was a complete Angel, and Marley was, well... she was Marley! She got very concerned when one of the sweet ladies sneezed, and just had to make sure she was okay (I'm assuming that the lady sneezed BECAUSE of Marley, ha!), and she chewed up a raw-hide right in front of their faces... manners?!!!!
So, what's next? We wait! Once our home study report is complete, we can start filling out immigration papers. We are still hoping to get a referral/picture of our child soon, but we are beginning to realize that it will take longer than we originally were told.
That's it for now!!! As soon as we know more, we will fill you all in :)