Monday, February 20, 2012

A pretty HUGE update

I don't even know where to begin... this blog started as just a fun way to share some moments from our lives in a light-hearted way.  But, honestly, our lives just haven't been all that exciting, ha!  AND- I always forget to take pictures, even if I am carrying the camera on my shoulder.

Let's start by rewinding to about a month ago... Pastor Kirk shared a video about a missionary in Uganda that has adopted 14 children of her own, and she is quite a few years younger than Jared and I.  Her smile was from ear to ear, and those precious girls were hanging all over their mom.  As I watched that video, tears filled my eyes, and I had a HUGE longing in my heart for that experience.  That's when I told Jared that I thought we should start looking into international adoption again.  And, Jared sighed a huge sigh of relief.  You see, Jared has wanted to adopt internationally for YEARS, and I have just always said, "yeah, that's fine with me," but had never really felt that tug on my heart like he has.

I believe that God used Jared's heart for adoption as well as SEVERAL other life experiences to mold my heart.  I also believe that God's timing is absolutely perfect.  Jared and I have had an AMAZING 7 years of marriage, and  I would never change how we started our lives together.  We have traveled to the most beautiful places, learned to love each other in the good and bad times, and spent a lot of time focusing on our jobs and our ministry.  While we know that we will continue to travel, love each other, work, do ministry, and more, we now believe that God has equipped us to become parents while doing all of those things.

So, the research that Jared has been pursuing for the past few years kicked into high gear.  Honestly, we have looked at quite a few different countries and their policies for adoption.  Every country is different, they all have different requirements, costs, amounts of time you have to travel, and more.

And then Jared came across the Congo.  That's where our real journey began... in the heart of the Congo.  Ever since God has placed that country on our hearts, we have not looked the other way.  We believe that God revealed the Congo to us so that we could bring our future child home from there.

That's where we are right now... in a steadfast pursuit of bringing our child home.

James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

All we ask is that you would pray for our family.  The awesome thing about our God is that He already has a plan.  And, we truly trust that God will lead us every step of the way.  However, adoption does not come without it's own difficulties and trials.  Please pray that we would be obedient to the call God has put in front of us.  Please pray for our child, that he/she would be protected, nurtured, and kept out of harm's way.  Please pray that God would start preparing both our hearts and the heart of our child for that moment when we become a forever family.

Thank you for your love and support!
Jared and Amy

11 comments:

  1. My heart welled up with joy (and a few happy tears) while reading your update. Wow! God has definitely got a special plan for your family:) I cannot wait to meet the child He has already picked out for you. We will be praying for you guys along your journey to parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many blessings I wish for you along this wonderful journey.

    Here's a quote I posted on my blog just this morning:

    "A child fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty"

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely love your work! Even though your freebies aren't available...it's totally worth the money on TPT!! (i follow both your blogs--LOL)
    Praying for yall during this journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you're being obedient to this call. It's an amazing journey. We love you guys, and we can't wait to get our precious African children together one day! :) We look forward to walking alongside y'all through this process. Yes, it is difficult in many ways, but so worth it! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of my favorite bloggers. Your stuff is amazing and I am so happy that God has blessed you through your TpT store. What an awesome journey you and your husband are on! You are about to change the life of a sweet child! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I totally stalk your blog(s) all the time, and I'm soooooo excited for you!!!! I'm assuming that the missionary you mentioned was Katie Davis... if you haven't read her book, it is amazing. Best of luck with this whole process, and y'all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I found your work blog looking for things for my daughter...Congratulations on your upcoming adoption!!! My daughter was adopted from China in 2005 (she is 7 now)It was the BEST thing I have ever done.

    My suggestion - join the parent adoption groups for Conga (we have Families with children from China) I am sure you can find them. They will provide amazing support for you and your little one as you travel and become a family.

    Best wishes and God bless!
    Carol in FL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like every other teacher love/stalk your blog. I am so thrilled for you and it gives me even more reason to support your fantastic products! God is so good!
    Amy Perry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and fell in love with your story <3! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, do you mind sharing with me what adoption agency you have used?

    ReplyDelete