Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not much of an update, but it will have to do!

It's hard to believe that we are only 3 weeks into the adoption process, because I kid you not... it feels like a stinkin' year ago already.  Jared and I wake up at least 5-6 times a night just from being restless or having crazy dreams.  The Mr. says that he has been dreaming about Congo, but it is all backed with music by Adele.  I truly believe we have become official loones!  It's just a little hard to sleep when we are constantly thinking about the situation/devastation that our child is living in.

And, can I just say that I have the most persistent husband in the world?!  I am pretty sure that he emails our adoption agency daily to see if our child has come into the orphanage yet.  We have been told that 10 children should be arriving at the orphanage any day now, and 12-15 kiddos will soon follow.  Well, we are on the list for a referral from the 2nd group of kids, so we dying to hear news that either group has made it safely to the orphanage.  Apparently, any day now can mean 1 month, 2 months, 6 months... who knows!  We have been told that everything takes a little longer in Congo :)

So, after all my worrying and wondering, I'm reminded that God provides our needs, and that He desires we focus on Him daily from these verses...

Matthew 6:31-34

Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


A few closing thoughts and prayer requests:

  • Please pray for our child and all of the children that are traveling to the orphanage.  They are traveling over 2000 miles to get to the orphanage by plane.  In most circumstances, I would say that it is safer to travel by plane, but I can only imagine the type of aircraft that is carrying our child.
  • Pray that Jared and I would continue to follow God's will and plan for our lives.  We may be 2 of the most OCD and impatient people in the world, so the wait {even at only 3 weeks!} is killing us!

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

  • As always... pray that our child would have someone to care and love on them until the day that we can pick them up, pray that God would provide comfort and needs that only He can provide, and pray that our child would somehow get the nutrition and healthcare that they need to survive!
  • Our first home study is tomorrow at 12:30!  We will meet with our social worker for the first time, and then follow up again on Monday, March 5th at 1:00.  Once the home study is complete, that's when the real paperwork and fun stuff begins!
Oh, and to have a little fun, we have been searching for nursery ideas and baby names {not quite ready to share those yet!}.  Here are a couple of rooms that we LOVE {found on Pinterest, of course;)}

Pinned HERE

Pinned HERE

Notice a common theme?!  White furniture, gray walls, and trees... I see those in my future :)  It will definitely be a while before we start on a room, but a girl can have fun perusing, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say how amazing you two are? As I sit here reading this, aside from crying I think two things. 1.God has truly spoke to your hearts, I have NO DOUBT of this. You have a burden to give a child a wonderful life, brought up in love and the truth of Jesus Christ. I have watched you two with nieces and nephew and you will be wonderful loving parents. and 2.The thought struck me that if anyone could do this unselfish loving act and be fantastic parents it truly is Jared and Amy Lemons. So happy and proud of the two of you. You are following God's will and giving a child a wonderful life with such special parents. Okay...crying again...gotta stop! Keep us ALL posted! Adding you and your prayer request on my list right now! By the way....LOVE the baby room ideas. Trees and birds, what a beautiful peaceful room.

    ReplyDelete