Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A little Q&A

A little Q&A and I do mean little because we have very few questions answered at this point, ha!
1.  Why adopt?
For Jared and I this is not Plan B.  Honestly, we have zero idea whether we can have a child or not.  We hope to one day expand our family in that way as well.  This is just us answering the call that God has placed in front of us.
2.  Why Congo?
Why not Congo?!  This is very plain and simple... God placed the country on our hearts and we have been researching like crazy to find out anything and everything we can about their lifestyle, culture, and the devastation that has been caused throughout the years.  It was very hard to turn the other way after we have read and seen such horrible things happening in the Congo, which I will post about later on!
3.  When will your child come home?
We have no idea!  This can take anywhere from 7 months to a couple of years.  Our prayer is that it would be sooner rather than later!
4.  Boy or girl?
We didn't specify whether we wanted a boy or girl.  So, as soon as we know, we will let you know!
5.  How old will your child be?
Again, not completely sure.  But, we did request a child from 0-3 years old.
6.  What's next up in your process?
We have been accepted into the adoption agency and are on the waiting list for a child!  They are HOPING to send us a picture of a child in the next few weeks, but this could most definitely change!  On February 29th, we will have our first home study where a social worker will check out our house and ask us several questions (if you'd like to help clean and organize, feel free to contact me.... just kidding, ha!).  We have already submitted our Home Study Application and packet!  That was a long one to fill out!

Want to know more about the Congo?  Here are some blogs I have found from families who have adopted/are adopting from the Congo!

http://aboutourhouse.blogspot.com/

http://findingbrightspots.blogspot.com/

http://aliciamariechristensen.blogspot.com/

http://nothinglefttopaint.com/

http://waitingformila.wordpress.com/

www.millionsofmiles.com

Once again, Jared and I are so grateful to have such loving and supportive people in our lives.  This has already strengthened our marriage so much, and I am so excited to be on this journey with my high school sweetheart, faithful, completely crazy, germa-phobe, uber-organized, Godly husband!

Jared and Amy






9 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the adoption process! I'll be praying for you guys and your future child:) I loved reading this blog about her adoption experience. She is a friend of a friend....www.andersonfamilycrew.com
    You should check it out!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Leigh from Precious Perks ( a teaching blog). I just read your post on Sunny Days and am so excited for you! I am an adoptive mother. The best decision I ever made! Good Luck with the process. I look forward to hearing updates. I plan to follow this blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making the official announcement. I look forward to following your journey!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a follower of yours from Step into 2nd Grade and I am so excited for you and the hubs! You have to read my cousin's blog. They brought their little guy home from Uganda in October. You can find her at thefarmerswifetellsall.com. My kids and I have big hearts for adoption and will be praying for you and following along on this exciting adventure.
    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Amy! I am so happy for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY ~ just found this... not sure how I missed it!!!
    anywho... wanted to say CONGRATS!!! and I am so excited for you... and if you ever need to talk you know where to find me... I know kinda what you are going through... b/c my little guy is adopted :) it was and is the BESTEST thing ever!!! I never knew my heart could hold so much LOVE for my little guy!!! so happy for you!!! and really I am available whenever if you want to talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congratulations and may the Lord bless you 100-fold!


    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to remember a quote I read years ago " just because you weren't born under my heart doesn't mean you weren't born in it." Congrats to you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy,

    I am beginning to look into the adoption process. My husband and I have two precious boys. God has laid it on my heart to explore the world of adoption after reading Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. I am curious to know what adoption agency you went through. If you don't mind, could you please let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete