Friday, December 23, 2011

Baking the night away...

Jared and I have had lots of Christmas fun today!  We spent the afternoon at my Meemaw and Grandpa's house with almost ALL of my mom's side of the family... we were only missing 1 of my cousins!  It was the first time in FOREVER that our whole family has been together.  Our family sure has grown over the past few years, but I must say that it was surprisingly low-key (considering how many people were in one house) and rather enjoyable :)!  It truly felt like Christmas did when I was a kid and all of the family got together to celebrate!  I do LOVE my family!

Now on to the baking.  Jared and I both had our little hearts set on different desserts that we've seen through Pinterest (he'll act like he doesn't look through my pinterest account, but we all know he really does, ha!)  Jared is much more of a "baker" than I am, but I did dip my hand in a few of the desserts this year.  Here's what we made:

Jared and I knew we HAD to make coal for our nieces when we saw these on Pinterest!  We are hoping that it brings laughter and not tears when we give them on Sunday morning :)  Actually, they are rice krispy treats with black icing coloring.  They do taste quite delicious!  



Jared also made Peppermint Cookies & Cream Popcorn that is seriously delish!



And, here's what I made... s'more cups!  I haven't tried one yet because I'm all chocolated out, but I think they will be nothing short of amazing!


I didn't take pictures, but Jared also made Butterfinger Brownies that are to die for!

And, on Christmas evening (when Jared and I celebrate Christmas together) I plan on making these Christmas smoothies!  I'm sure mine won't look half as cute, but hopefully they will be a hit!


Merry Christmas from our house to ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment