Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blog inspiration

Through Pinterest, I have found an absolutely AH-mazing blog that I am now faithfully stalking.  The Small Things Blog is written by Kate who is seriously as cute as a button.  She is a professional hairstylist and a very crafty little thing!  Anyways, I found some of her video tutorials and got to work on my hair!  I have not mastered one of them yet, but it's a work in progress!

First up, adding braids.  Her video tutorial is to wear your braids with your hair half-up, but my hair was DIRTY and we were just going out for a little shopping.  I didn't feel like fixing my hair completely, so I just pulled them to a curled pony :)

I think I need to pull the braid on my bang's side down a little.  It looks a little high in the pics


Here is Kate's video tutorial.  You can find the blog post HERE.

Well I couldn't get enough of her tutorials, so I watched another on Saturday as I was fixing my hair!  I have been curling my hair with a straightener for a few months, but she has some really good tips in her video to make it better!

These pictures were taken about 5 hours after I had fixed it and gone out to dinner.  So, the curls held pretty well for a windy night.  They were much kinkier when I had first finished my hair.

Here's Kate:  You can also find this blog post HERE


She has several more that I want to try when I get a chance!  Definitely check out "The Small Things" because it is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I have been watching a lady on youtube but she didn't speak good english so it was hard for me to understand...so this is great! :)

    ReplyDelete