Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

How amazing are 3 day weekends?!  I'm super excited to do a weekend wrap-up right now because I still have 1 whole day of the weekend left haha!  Definitely hoping to be more than lazy tomorrow, so I'm sure there will be nothing to blog about :)

We started the weekend with a HUGE bang at Chaos 2011.  Every year our student ministry holds a community event after the first football game.  I can't even believe that it's already football season....ohmiword!

Here's the Mr. on the mechanic bull before everyone arrived :)

Sarah and I worked the donations and snack table!  This was before we were more than exhausted!

Towards the evening, around 12:30 when I was pretty much asleep!  Love this girl to death:

It was definitely a late night... we didn't go to sleep until around 2:00 AM, which is really late for us.  We consider ourselves old folks because we like to be in bed by 10:00!!!  Needless to say, we slept in the next day and had a few naps before heading out to dinner with Kent and Sarah at the Harbor.

Jared and I were supporting our longhorns during their first game!  We couldn't watch it because we don't have the Longhorns Network :( but we still LOVE them :)

My man preached on Sunday morning for the 2nd week in a row.  Some girls love a man in a uniform, but I LOVE seeing my guy sharing God's word and speaking the truth {even when it's hard to hear}.  After church, we headed to lunch with my parents, which was great!  They are such a blessing to my life, and couldn't ask for better :)

Sunday night, we hung out with Christa {sweet, sweet child} and ate at one of new favorite places:
We saw "7 Days in Utopia" which was a great, faith based movie.  So refreshing to see a movie without tons of cuss words and sexual scenes!  There aren't many movies you can take a student to see with their student pastor, but this was definitely one of them!

Here we are at the movies

As a joke, I cropped Christa out of the picture hahaha! 

All in all, it was a great weekend filled with student ministry, friends, family, and my church family!  I am more than blessed!  Can't wait to hang out some more tomorrow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment