Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On display, on display, on display...

So, I am a Real Housewives junkie... I'll just go ahead and admit it!  My post title comes from an episode of the New Jersey ladies :)

I started cleaning my house at 11:30 last night.  Why, you ask?  I DON'T KNOW!  Kidding.  If I save my house cleaning duties for the daytime then I won't get to it.  My life is school, school, school right now, so I spend every waking minute preparing for the next few weeks!  So, last night I decided it was time to clean and move some things around.

I took everything off of the mantle, entertainment center, bookshelves, tables, etc. etc. etc. and put all of the decorations in the middle of the room.  Then, I went and dusted all of my surfaces, cleaned the floors, and what have you.  After I was finished cleaning, I put all of my decorations up in a different spot so my house would feel new and fresh.  I try to do this a couple of times a year.  It keeps me from getting bored with what I have.  Here are some of my new displays (that's where the title comes in)...

I have an obsession with small decorative plates, napkins, and napkin rings...


Changed the mantle to pictures... 




There's more, but I don't want to bore you!  Only 2 more days until we officially go back to work.  Can't even believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment