Monday, August 1, 2011

Dinner and Bath-Time

Tonight for dinner, I made Quesadilla Casserole from "Pears, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour."  I had to make a few adjustments because I couldn't find the seasoning pack that she shows on her blog, and I didn't have tortillas!  So, I just looked closely on her pic and used the contents of the spice package, AND tortilla chips instead of tortillas.  Sometimes we just have to improvise, right?!


Turns out the Mr. doesn't like beans (who knew?!)... so he liked it except for the beans.  I guess I have literally NEVER cooked with beans before so I was just unaware that he would care lol!  It turned out pretty good, I'll definitely make it again with tortillas and without beans :)

After dinner, we took our little muts on a walk.  Well, we had to wait until like 9:00 PM because it's so dang hot here, but nevertheless, we went on a short walk.

When we got home, it was BATHTIME!  A time that my pups literally dread and fuss over!

Here are some pictures of post-baths...

Bailey clearly doesn't get the point of a bath because she immediately rubs all over the dirty floor!


Then, Marley thinks Bailey is playing because Bailey is rolling around... but she totally isn't and gets VERY mad at Marley!  Very typical around our house :)


"Mom, seriously, I thought she wanted to play..."


"Can you please get Marley away from me?!"


After baths, we enjoyed another one of Cara's recipes from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour called "Cookies 'N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies."  This was actually our second go at this recipe because I royally screwed it up the other night!  Jared made them tonight and they are MUCH better!  We still haven't mastered the perfection, so I didn't snap a photo.  Just enjoy a picture of Cara's beautiful creation :)


Tomorrow night I will be venturing to a new blog for a new recipe.  I am making Crockpot Barbeque Chicken from "Stick a Fork in it".  Hopefully it will be as good as the previous new recipes I have tried!



No comments:

Post a Comment