Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bringing Hawaii into my house

I have to admit that I'm having a very difficult time feeling "at home" in my home right now.  I miss Hawaii so much and it's only been 2 days since we left!  I am normally anxiously waiting to see my puppies after our vacation, but that wasn't even the same this time around (yes, I do feel like a horrible mommy for saying that, but I have explained to them that they would feel the same if they had gone to Hawaii haha)!

So, today, as I was grocery shopping- YUCK- I decided to bring a little bit of my Hawaiian paradise home with me.  BTW, don't you HATE it when you get back from vacation and you have no food in the house?!  It happens to me every time!

Our lovely hotel had this delightful ice water in the lobby at all times.  Needless to say, I was filling up a glass every time I walked by whether I was thirsty or not!  All they did was add a few slices of pineapple to the ice water and it gave it a refreshing taste.  It doesn't necessarily taste very pineapple-y, but it has a fresh, clean taste to it!  Easy enough, right?!


So, as I was at the Wal-Mart today, I picked up a glass pitcher (mine broke a while back and I hadn't replaced it yet.  I'm sure a plastic pitcher would have been fine, but I wanted to make it as true to my Hawaii love as possible!) and a pineapple.  The best thing is you don't even have to cut the outer part of the pineapple off!  I just cut a few slices and stuck them in my ice water.


Although I may not be in Hawaii anymore, I am enjoying my tasty drink and pretending that I am laying out in front of the ocean.  A girl can dream, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment